The Vocal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vocal Forum

A forum specifically for vocalists

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am I the only one...?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilya Ignatov
Ilya Ignatov

Am I the only one...? Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one...?   Am I the only one...? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Sinatra is not that great?  With holiday times among us, all I hear on the jazz radio in the car is Frank Sinatra christmas songs.
He is alright, but his singing just sounds so uninspired, like Soviet pop music singers.

Last edited by Ilya Ignatov on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adoney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...?   Am I the only one...? EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 pm

It's a matter of taste. Lots of people like that style, similar to a speak-singing approach. Very laid back, doesn't push many boundaries, and never abrasive.

Not to mention- it's easy to pull off at karaoke parties  santa
Back to top Go down
https://thevocalforum.board-directory.net
Meager Smotherer
Sub-Newb
Sub-Newb

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...?   Am I the only one...? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Sinatra had a great tone and control over his instrument, plus he could interpret every song with the necessary emotion. Not to mention that his voice was big and unique. I've grown to appreciate Sinatra more and more every passing day, and I think it's often about maturing as a singer/artist and realizing how much more there is to singing than just high notes.
Back to top Go down
Adoney
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...?   Am I the only one...? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 am

That he has. What makes a great singer is conveying emotion. But if you don't like the music and you don't like the sound, it likely won't do much.
Back to top Go down
https://thevocalforum.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one...?   Am I the only one...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Vocal Forum :: Discussions-
Jump to: